Christmas and the holidays have come and gone. The New Year is already 16 days into January, and some resolutions have probably already been broken. Committing to resolutions can be difficult for some of us, and so easy to break. Setting goals for yourself and your businesses, can help you feel that you have time to accomplish these things without the feeling of failure.
One of the goals I think every blogger is always trying to achieve, whether it’s the New Year or the middle of the year is driving more traffic to ones blog. Traffic equals money. Below is a assortment of only a ” few ways” to bring traffic to your blog. When speaking of bringing traffic to your blog there are so many variables that can be attributed to bringing traffic, that if you tried to list all of them it could take up much of the page.
1. Expose your blog by using the Social Networks like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube or any forums that you can participate in and expose the name of your blog. Social Networks are more important than ever before, you must be signed up with at least a couple of the good ones. Exposure!
2. Market your name or the name of your blog, leave the name of your blog any place that you are able to. Some places won’t allow you to attach the name of your blog, but whenever possible do it. If you read the big newspapers online New York Times, Gawker.com, or any others in that niche, at the end of each article is usually a place to comment. My theory is to comment whenever and where ever you can, thus leaving and exposing your blog. Remember though only leave a comment, if you have something intelligent to add to the article that you read. If you get one new visitor that week visiting your blog, I think it’s worth commenting & showing off your blog.
3. Get some business cards printed, I really never thought that business cards and online blogging went together. However, over the past few years I’ve had people ask me “what do you do for work?”, if I had business cards at those times I could of had a few new people wanting to start a blog! Marketing!
4. Submit articles to some of the Ezines directories that are out there, your name/blogs will be seen and also bring you new readers and links, and maybe a writers’ job. You can do very well with this type of exposure, especially if you love to write. Exposure!
5. Comment on other blogs as much as you can. The experts tell you to comment on those blogs that have a greater page rank or alexa number, the better the blog you comment on the better for your blog and SEO. I don’t always go along with this theory, however I understand it, but it’s snobbish in my opinion. If I like some one’s blog I’m not going to stop commenting or visiting their blog. The backlinks of course increases your seo and helps with your PR. Exposure.
These are just a few tips to bring in new traffic to your blog or website. The best way to bring traffic to your blog are ones listed above and the many others that are tried and true. I’m sure you all have a list or have discovered new ones of your own. Would love to hear any traffic tips that you all have, or ones that you have tried in the past.
I would like to take this time to wish everyone a very Happy New Year and a successful one for all!!!